Seven Invisalign FAQ’s
For people interested in receiving Invisalign treatment, there are bound to be a number of different questions and concerns that come up before you begin the process of straightening your teeth and getting the perfect smile. In this article we will discuss some of the most frequently asked questions for Invisalign wearers.
- What is Invisalign treatment? Invisalign is a series of clear thermoplastic aligners that are each developed from computer models of a patient’s teeth. Invisalign treatment involves exchanging these aligners out every two weeks to gently positioned teeth into place over time. Each set of invisalign aligners is created to fit an individual patient’s treatment plan. By continuing the sequence of aligners teeth will eventually move into place just the same way that they would with braces.
- How long does Invisalign take? The good news is that Invisalign can be a much more efficient process than traditional braces. For most adults the process takes about 12 months, the time for teens may vary and can be determined by an orthodontist. Invisalign is currently one of the most efficient processes for straightening teeth.
- How will Invisalign affect my lifestyle? Invisalign is a minimally invasive treatment and the orthodontic appliance is completely removable unlike traditional braces. You can work to straighten your smile without having to worry about having a permanent orthodontic appliance in. This means you can eat anything that you would like to eat, take the appliance out whenever you need to and still continue treatment without having to change your lifestyle.
- How often do I need to wear Invisalign? the aligners will need to be worn anywhere from 20 to 22 hours a day, you can take the aligners out to eat but it is recommended that you put the aligners in as often as possible as not to impede your treatment process.
- How do I clean Invisalign aligners? there is a cleaning system available that your orthodontist can recommend for you directly from Invisalign. You can also clean your aligners by brushing them and rinsing them with lukewarm water.
- What happens when I have finished my treatment? after a patient runs out of aligners for their treatment, final actions necessary may vary. Every patient is different but some may require a clear plastic retainer in order to make sure that their teeth do not set back into place after Invisalign has concluded.
- How much does it cost? the national average for Invisalign treatment is around $5000. Most orthodontist can offer up payment plans and some forms of insurance will cover Invisalign treatment.
For more information on Invisalign please feel free to visit King Orthodontics in Centerville and Fairborn Ohio. We have plenty of experience in Invisalign and Invisalign Teen and offer a complementary consultations to see if this treatment option is right for you.
400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324 Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530