Parents bring their kids into the office for orthodontic treatment. The orthodontics office is flooded with questions about tooth brushing to acquire perfect teeth. Kids look to adults to teach them the way to brush their teeth properly. However, most adults brush their teeth improperly. Here is a tooth brushing mistake parents make. They grab a toothbrush and brush too quickly or they brush the surface of their teeth harshly. Both methods are incorrect. The first method does not allow for enough time to remove food particles. The second method is too abrasive and damages the enamel. Let’s take a closer look at the proper way to brush the teeth and keep them healthy.
Orthodontist in Centerville and Orthodontic Treatment Fairborn instruct parents on proper cleaning and brushing methods. It is easy to learn the proper method to brush the teeth and share them with their kids. Follow these steps:
- It is vital to spend several minutes gently brushing the teeth. Do not rush through the cleaning.
- Wet the toothbrush under running water.
- Apply a generous strip of toothpaste to the toothbrush.
- Use gentle strokes to clean the outside of the upper teeth and then the front of the lower teeth.
- Clean the inner section of the upper teeth and then the lower teeth.
- Clean the eating surface of the teeth.
- Brush the tongue to remove plaque buildup and freshen the breath
- Rinse mouth with water or mouthwash.
Proper Brushing Tools
Our orthodontics office provides expert orthodontic treatment for perfect teeth. Certainly, it all begins with proper tooth brushing and avoiding a tooth brushing mistake that might damage the teeth and ruin the enamel. Looking for Orthodontic treatment Fairborn? Perhaps, you’d like to visit Centerville Orthodontics or Orthodontist in Centerville for more important dental care advice or a consultation.
Contact a Best Orthodontist in Centerville
When looking for an orthodontist in Centerville, don’t forget to contact King Orthodontics, because we offer a wide variety of options. In addition to Invisalign Teen braces, our orthodontist will be able to provide Invisalign pictures to help you see what your teeth will look like in the future.
King Orthodontics, 400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324
Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530
Tooth brushing Mistake No.5: