Last Updated on
Cucumbers are technically a fruit, but they are actually the world’s fourth most widely cultivated “vegetable”. If you are ambitious, cucumbers are easy to grow in containers, as long as they have a place to climb on, and produce an ample quantity of produce from just a small number of plants.
Teeth friendly fruits and vegetables
Cucumbers have many health benefits including
- Refreshing with 95 percent water content. A cup of cucumber slices is almost as thirst-quenching as a glass of water. For example, drinking water can help suppress acid reflux symptoms.
- Freshening your breath, ridding your mouth of odor-causing bacteria, and releasing excess heat in your stomach by putting a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth!
- Contains minerals, fiber, vitamins and beta-carotene. Cucumbers contain vitamins C, B1, B5, and B7 (biotin) as well as potassium, copper and manganese. B vitamins help ease feelings of anxiety and fight stress.
- Contains flavonoids and tannins that have pain-relieving effects and free-radical scavenging.
- Contains the electrolyte potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels and relieving headaches.
- Fights inflammation by inhibiting the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes.
- Reduces some cancer risks with polyphenols called lignans.
- Protects your brain and nerve cells and improving your memory with flavonol, which is anti-inflammatory.
- Is a very low in calories with one cup of sliced cucumber containing a mere 16 calories.
The type of braces needed for each patient is determined after a thorough examination from an orthodontist in Centerville. For orthodontic treatment Fairborn residents trust, visit King Orthodontics where there are two orthodontists, including:
Call today to schedule an examination for orthodontic treatment that leads to improved dental health and higher self-esteem.
King Orthodontics, 400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324 Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530
King Orthodontics – 6460 Far Hills Ave, Centerville, Dayton, OH45459 Phone: 937 433 0830
Teeth-friendly Fruits & Vegetables No. 9: Cucumber