Can I get my braces off faster? Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Crooked or misaligned teeth, can have a negative impact on your personal and professional relationships. People living or working in the Centerville or Dayton, Ohio area who need their teeth straightened to make eating easier, improve their smile and enhance the quality of their relationships and their lives, the experienced, well-trained, caring orthodontists at King Orthodontics can help. They have the training, technology and expertise to install braces that will make your teeth look great fast.
How To Get Your Braces off Faster
- Once the orthodontists at King Orthodontics install their effective dental appliances to adjust the positioning and alignment of your teeth, there are a number of things you can do to shorten the time scale it will take to complete the process. The way you care for your teeth, what you eat and the way you treat your corrective dental appliances can go a long way towards determining the length of time it takes to straighten your teeth and remove the bracer. The following are some things you can do to shorten the time scale you will be wearing bracers. Get your braces off faster with our list.
1. Listen To Your Orthodontist
- Following the orthodontist’s instructions, guidance and recommendations can significantly shorten the time it takes to realignment and reposition of your teeth. This includes wearing rubber bands, mouth guards, aligners, smart brackets or even headgear to correct crooked teeth, malocclusions, underbites and overbites. You should do exactly as they say. Plus, it’s essential you are at your orthodontist’s office for all appointments. They can make adjustments that can help you complete your treatment plan in a shorter time period.
2. Keep Your Mouth Clean
- Brushing and flossing your teeth at least twice a day is among the simplest, yet most effective things you can do to keep the dental appliance clean, correct the flaws in your teeth and jaws and get orthodontists to remove the teeth adjustment devices quicker. It’s easy for food to become stuck in the metal and rubber bands of the teeth adjustment dental appliances. The best way to clean them is with an electric toothbrush. Patients should use a circular motion when using electric toothbrushes. This helps to prevent plaque build-up and keep the teeth and gums clean and healthy. Healthy teeth and gums help the teeth straighten process go faster and easier.
- With the surface of the teeth covered with wires and rubber bands, brushing and flossing them is more difficult. That’s why it is very important to brush and floss your teeth regularly and carefully in order for them to remain in tip-top condition. This will make moving and adjusting them easier and dramatically reduce the amount of time the dental appliances need to be worn and hasten the day when your teeth are properly placed, the flaws taken care of, the dental device can be taken off and you will have the right bite configuration and a beautiful smile.
3. Watch What You Eat
- Paying close attention to the things you eat is also helpful for shortening the amount of time you will need to wear a dental appliance to straighten your teeth. Eating caramels, gummies, toffees and other sticky foods can make it more likely things will stick to the brackets of the dental appliances. This will prevent them from being able to work properly. Consuming sodas and other beverages with lots of sugar can also damage the enamel of your teeth and slow the process of them becoming properly aligned. Chewing on food items like nuts and popcorn can also damage the dental devices and make it more difficult for them to properly realign the teeth.
- Do not chew on ice, pen caps, your nails or other hard non-food items. This can break the wires on the braces and prolong the teeth realignment process. It may prolong the treatment because the bent and broken wires and other parts of the dental adjustment appliances may pull the misaligned teeth away from the direction that they need to move. You may end up having to wait until the orthodontists can schedule an appointment to fix the damaged device. Avoiding chewing gum and hard candies is another thing that orthodontists recommend for people who want to expedite the adjustment of their teeth.
4. Ask About Accelerated Treatments
- Another way to get braces off faster it takes to straighten your teeth is by using accelerated treatments when you use Invisalign aligners. There are several techniques that are available for you to try. There are dental devices that can help to move your teeth faster and significantly reduce the time the adjustments that need to be made to your mouth takes. Two commonly used treatments are Acceledent and the Propel Chairside Excellator. Using them is a simple procedure. The Propel Excellerator can be done at many orthodontists’ offices. This device accelerates bone metabolism and helps teeth more easily move into the appropriate new position. Acceledent is a dental appliance that you can use at home. It gently applies pressure to your teeth from different angles and speeds up the process of bone remodeling.
5. Keep The Elastics On
- Once the orthodontic treatment has lasted for a long enough period of time, the orthodontist usually installs elastics in the patient’s mouth to make the process of shifting and adjusting crooked teeth go a little faster. However, many patients find the elastics to be too uncomfortable to wear at night. To reduce their discomfort, some patients take the elastics off their teeth at night. What they don’t realize is adjustments of the crooked teeth also take place while they are asleep. Keeping the elastics on at night helps you get your braces off faster.
A FREE Consultation
If you live or work in Centerville or Dayton, Ohio and want a faster way to straighten your teeth, contact the highly-skilled, experienced, Dr. Sam King at King Orthodontics. Their orthodontist can install braces that can straighten your misaligned teeth in a surprisingly short time scale.
Like what you read? Comment below or CLICK on an APP LOGO to follow us and share the conversation
6460 Far Hills Ave.
Centerville, OH 45459
Can I Get My Braces Off Faster | 5 Simple Ways