Last Updated on
Does it really matter where I get Invisalign? Do you have teeth that need to be straightened? Perhaps you have a child who needs his or her teeth straightened? If so, there are many options to consider. When you think of teeth straightening you may envision traditional metal braces. But, today, there are other options for both children and adults. One of those options is called Invisalign. In this post, we’ll show you why it matters where you get Invisalign. So, let’s dive straight in.
- 1 People Also Ask
- 2 What is Invisalign?
- 2.1 Does It Really Matter Where I Get Invisalign?
- 2.2 Why Do People Seek Out Invisalign?
- 2.3 Can Dentists Do Invisalign?
- 2.4 Other Benefits of Wearing Invisalign:
- 2.5 What Does it Feel Like to Wear Invisalign?
- 2.6 Designing Your Invisalign
- 2.7 The Steps to Straight Teeth
- 2.8 Do I Have to Wear My Invisalign All the Time?
- 2.9 How Long Does It Take for Invisalign to Work?
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Contact us Today
People Also Ask
What is Invisalign?
- Invisalign is a product used in aligning teeth. It’s made of clear, bendable plastic. It fits securely over a person’s top or bottom teeth. Some people wear Invisalign on both their top and bottom rows of teeth. Unlike traditional braces, a person wearing Invisalign can remove them at any time.
- Of course, since you can remove Invisalign, it’s important to keep track of where you put them when they are not in your mouth. Making a habit of wearing them for most of the day is a good idea simply because you stand less of a chance of misplacing them.
Does It Really Matter Where I Get Invisalign?
- The answer to this question is yes. It does matter where I get Invisalign. When you want Invisalign, you must go to an orthodontist. This professional is trained to fit you for Invisalign to ensure that your teeth move into line in the way they are supposed to.
- Also, this professional has the equipment necessary to make a plan for your teeth so Invisalign can be created to fit your individual needs. An orthodontist is qualified to make adjustments to the plan if necessary.
Why Do People Seek Out Invisalign?
- Invisalign is appealing to many people because of its design. Most of the time, you can’t tell someone is wearing Invisalign unless they point it out to you. Plus, Invisalign is more comfortable than wearing traditional metal braces. You don’t have to go in to have Invisalign tightened or adjusted in a similar way.
- One of the most notable things about Invisalign is you can take them out before eating or drinking. Many people appreciate being able to enjoy their favorite foods and drinks without any interference from teeth aligners.
Can Dentists Do Invisalign?
- Once you make the decision you’re going to have some questions as to how to get Invisalign. You may wonder: Can dentists do Invisalign? The answer both yes and no. A dentist doesn’t have the training necessary to fit a person for Invisalign, but of late you’ll see dentists are providing Invisalign.
- Orthodontists are always the best route to have this done. They have more years of training and don’t provide services like fillings, cleaning or hygiene.
Other Benefits of Wearing Invisalign:
- You can take them off when you brush and floss your teeth.
- You can have school photos and other pictures taken without anyone knowing you have them on.
- They are made especially for you, so you know you’re getting an individualized alignment and not just a generic solution.
- Depending on your specific needs, Invisalign can align your teeth in less time than traditional braces.
What Does it Feel Like to Wear Invisalign?
- The sensation of wearing Invisalign is a little strange at first. But, it’s not painful. You are going to explore the smooth plastic surface of the Invisalign with your tongue the first few days you are wearing it.
- But, you are likely to become accustomed to the Invisalign within a week. You may even forget you’re wearing it until it’s time to brush and floss your teeth.
What is Involved in the Process of Getting Invisalign?
- Before you get Invisalign, your orthodontist sits down with you to ask about your goals for your teeth. Maybe you have a couple of crooked teeth that have always bothered you when you see yourself smiling in photos.
- Or, maybe most of your teeth are out of alignment and you want to move them all to completely transform your smile. Everyone is different! After hearing your goals, your doctor makes a digital plan for your teeth.
Designing Your Invisalign
- The design of your Invisalign is based on the digital plan which details the directions your teeth should move in order to form a straight row. Your unique Invisalign is made to put gentle pressure on certain teeth or pairs of teeth to move them according to plan.
- Once you start wearing your Invisalign, your doctor monitors your progress to see how quickly this unique product is working.
The Steps to Straight Teeth
- The process of Invisalign involves wearing one set of aligners for a week or two, then changing to a different set. These consistent changes help your teeth to continue on the path to fulfilling the plan of alignment.
Do I Have to Wear My Invisalign All the Time?
- In order for Invisalign to do its work, you have to wear it for about 20 to 22 hours per day. It’s okay to take Invisalign out of your mouth throughout the day for short periods such as to eat or brush your teeth. But, they do have to be worn consistently to achieve their goal.
How Long Does It Take for Invisalign to Work?
- The amount of time it takes for Invisalign to work depends on the specifics of your situation. Do you have just a few teeth on the top row that are out of alignment?
- If so, you’re going to wear your Invisalign for less time than someone who needs alignment on both the top and bottom teeth. Typically, Invisalign takes about 12 to 18 months to align a person’s teeth.
At King Orthodontics, our orthodontists are trained and experienced in using Invisalign. Our orthodontists and assistants are happy to answer all your questions as to where I get Invisalign and of course how to get Invisalign. Plus, we can provide you with more Invisalign facts so you can make an informed choice. We want you to feel comfortable in your decision to wear Invisalign for straightening your teeth. Where I get Invisalign is an important question. Let us answer.
Contact us Today
Call Dr. King today to schedule your consultation for Invisalign! Contact us today for the smile of your life.
- Which tip will you try first???
- Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now and continue the conversation.
400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd.
Fairborn, OH 45324
Phone: (937) 878-1561
(Does It Really Matter) Where I Get Invisalign?
I love orthodontics. I love the challenge of creating healthy and beautiful smiles. I love the people I get to meet and interact with on a daily basis. I love taking care of my patients and giving them a smile they can be proud about.