Last Updated on
How Does Invisalign Straighten Teeth?
Are you embarrassed to open your mouth when you smile because your teeth are crooked? Do you place yourself in the back row in group photographs? Do you want straight teeth but can’t bear the discomfort and unsightliness of metal braces? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then the Invisalign dental treatment might be for you. A lot of people think that metal braces are for kids. With Invisalign, it’s never too late to have your teeth straightened and have a smile you can be proud to show off.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The Invisalign system is an alternative to traditional metal braces. Users wear a custom-designed clear, plastic tray that is fitted over the teeth to gently ease them into the correct position. Each tray is worn for two weeks and then changed.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign?
- The Invisalign trays snap on easily and comfortably.
- You can remove the trays to clean and floss your teeth.
- Invisalign produces the same result as conventional metal braces but without the fuss and discomfort.
- Invisalign trays are worn for 20 to 22 hours each day.
Invisalign trays have numerous advantages over metal braces
- With metal braces, the user has to give up some of the foods they love, like raw carrots, corn on the cob, pretzels, popcorn as well as sticky treats like chewing gum, taffy or caramel.
- Metal braces take a long time to straighten teeth, particularly in adults, who need to wear them for anywhere between 18 months to three years. There is also a high possibility of relapse.
- Users of metal braces have to wear a mouth guard when taking part in sports or other activities where there is a risk of a blow to the mouth. Metal braces can also interfere with singing and playing musical instruments.
Some individuals develop a lisp or other speech defect while wearing metal braces. While this may be charming in school children, since many of their peers are in the same boat. In adults, this can be embarrassing and have unpleasant social consequences, both in and out of the work place.
Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign works everywhere. Where ever people want straight teeth without the pain and hassle of metal braces. We at King Orthodontics have been providing quality orthodontic care for children, teenagers and adults for more than sixty years. We offer both Invisalign treatment for adults and Invisalign Teen for teenagers. The Invisalign Teen system allows the removal of trays for sports, singing or playing musical instruments.
For the smile of your life, contact King Orthodontics.
King Orthodontics, 400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324
Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530
The Physics of Invisalign
Samuel B. King, D.D.S., M.S. – King Orthodontics – Specialist in Orthodontics for kids, teens and adults in Centerville and Fairborn.