- 12ounces pasta(3/4 box)
- 1/4cup pine nuts
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 3bell peppers (preferably red and yellow), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2tablespoons chopped capers
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 400º F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the olives, parsley, capers, vinegar, red pepper, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until heated though, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and pine nuts to the skillet and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
Recipe from Real Simple
A Healthy Dish
Orthodontic work, and sometimes work on braces in particular, can leave teeth sore. The solution is soft foods that don’t make the teeth do too much work. But there is only so much soup and yogurt that a person can eat without longing for a little more variety in their diet. Even the joys of ice cream can become too much, and anyway, its sugar content means it is not good for teeth. Busy moms who want to keep both their family and the orthodontist happy have a tall order on their hands.
The solution is to look into cooking more creatively. Pasta is a soft alternative to some of the other foods available. Of course, tomato sauce isn’t the best thing for teeth either because it has a tendency to stain the enamel over time. A pasta with vegetables is nutritious and easy to eat and won’t introduce harmful substances such as sugar to the teeth.
Teeth Friendly Foods
Another consideration with both invisalign braces and the more visible kind is getting food trapped. Flossing regularly is important, but so is serving food that won’t stick in teeth and create problems later. A dish like a vegan rigatoni peperonata is the perfect solution.
Vegan rigatoni peperonata has such bold flavors that even dairy lovers won’t miss the cheese in it. This flavor-filled dish can even be made with other types of short pasta if it entices kids to eat more, but it’s sophisticated enough to please the palates and aesthetics of adults as well.
How to Schedule an Appointment
At King Orthodontics in Ohio, patients can request recipes that are designed to maintain the health of their teeth and gums while they are wearing Invisalign aligners. We have offices located in:
Our patients receive a state-of-the-art examination with three-dimensional imaging equipment to determine the best type of orthodontic treatments to repair misaligned teeth. You can schedule an appointment with an orthodontist by calling us at 937-433-0830. We have two knowledgeable orthodontists available, including:
• Dr. Jack King
• Dr. Sam King
We offer a complimentary consultation after an examination to discuss you or your child’s orthodontic requirements.
King Orthodontics, 400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324
Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530
Vegan Pasta Pepperonata