Invisalign for Teens. So your teen has been to the orthodontist and they have been told that they need to get braces. Are they totally upset and disappointed because they don’t want to put their lives on hold due to metal braces? Now they don’t have to be.
Lingual Braces vs Invisalign
Invisalign is a system that has been made of clear plastic aligners, and they are changed every couple of weeks. They slowly move the teeth to the required direction. On the other hand, Lingual braces are appliances that are fixed so that they bond at the back of the teeth. A choice between Invisalign or lingual braces can be very tough, when you do not have the required advice from an experienced orthodontist. In this article, there is a clear contrast of the two teeth alignment treatment methods, in order to guide you to the most convenient choice.
Adults usually prefer Invisalign when it is compared to Lingual Braces. When it comes to having braces at the back of the teeth, adult patients sometimes seem to have a lot of difficulties. They claim that their tongues are very sensitive to any appliance that is kept in the mouth. When a person choses Invisalign treatment, he or she is not limited to the types of foods that they are supposed to eat, this is unlike other appliances that are used as treatment in orthodontics.
Most orthodontic experts also argue that all patients who usually have lingual braces have limitations to what they are supposed to eat, just as it is with the patients who have traditional braces. At the same time, Invisalign is also known to provide with a good teeth movement. It successfully works in the struggle to correct teeth misalignments as well as avoiding cases of under bite and overbite.
Lingual braces are a special type of braces that are bonded at the backside of the teeth hence in most cases they are hidden making it an ideal option for the people who prefer invisible braces especially adults who in most cases feel ashamed of wearing braces. Lingual braces come in varying forms and specifications thus implying that they also vary in the prices at which they are offered. Examples of different types of braces include, Invisalign, the regular ceramic braces and lastly the lingual braces.
It is worth noting that fixing of the wrong braces tends to worsen the case and in many cases it has called for teeth removal. The above type of braces varies in their composition and the materials that make them. Lingual braces are the favorite among many users over all other types of braces for various reasons. They are greatly preferred for aesthetic reasons as they are invisible, orthodontists in many cases prefer putting the lingual braces on the upper teeth and the ceramic braces on the lower teeth.
In addition to that, the dentists also tries to incorporate the SureSmile technology hence giving better services, some of the advantages of using the SureSmile technology includes, faster and more efficient treatment process as well as one is guaranteed of a quality outcome. However, this service have it shortcomings that accompanies it, the cost of fixing the lingual braces tends to be higher than the cost of fixing the other types of braces.
Kings Orthodontics specializes in all kinds of orthodontic treatments including Invisalign and lingual braces. For further consultations, feel free to contact us so we can help you make the best decision.
King Orthodontics, 400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324
Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530
Aesthetic Solutions for Orthodontic Treatment
Seven Invisalign FAQ’s
For people interested in receiving Invisalign treatment, there are bound to be a number of different questions and concerns that come up before you begin the process of straightening your teeth and getting the perfect smile. In this article we will discuss some of the most frequently asked questions for Invisalign wearers.
- What is Invisalign treatment? Invisalign is a series of clear thermoplastic aligners that are each developed from computer models of a patient’s teeth. Invisalign treatment involves exchanging these aligners out every two weeks to gently positioned teeth into place over time. Each set of invisalign aligners is created to fit an individual patient’s treatment plan. By continuing the sequence of aligners teeth will eventually move into place just the same way that they would with braces.
- How long does Invisalign take? The good news is that Invisalign can be a much more efficient process than traditional braces. For most adults the process takes about 12 months, the time for teens may vary and can be determined by an orthodontist. Invisalign is currently one of the most efficient processes for straightening teeth.
- How will Invisalign affect my lifestyle? Invisalign is a minimally invasive treatment and the orthodontic appliance is completely removable unlike traditional braces. You can work to straighten your smile without having to worry about having a permanent orthodontic appliance in. This means you can eat anything that you would like to eat, take the appliance out whenever you need to and still continue treatment without having to change your lifestyle.
- How often do I need to wear Invisalign? the aligners will need to be worn anywhere from 20 to 22 hours a day, you can take the aligners out to eat but it is recommended that you put the aligners in as often as possible as not to impede your treatment process.
- How do I clean Invisalign aligners? there is a cleaning system available that your orthodontist can recommend for you directly from Invisalign. You can also clean your aligners by brushing them and rinsing them with lukewarm water.
- What happens when I have finished my treatment? after a patient runs out of aligners for their treatment, final actions necessary may vary. Every patient is different but some may require a clear plastic retainer in order to make sure that their teeth do not set back into place after Invisalign has concluded.
- How much does it cost? the national average for Invisalign treatment is around $5000. Most orthodontist can offer up payment plans and some forms of insurance will cover Invisalign treatment.
For more information on Invisalign please feel free to visit King Orthodontics in Centerville and Fairborn Ohio. We have plenty of experience in Invisalign and Invisalign Teen and offer a complementary consultations to see if this treatment option is right for you.
400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324 Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530