Last Updated on
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved (about 10 oz)
- ¼ cup olive tapenade
- Place chicken breasts on sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of the salt evenly over chicken breasts; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the basil; press lightly. Turn chicken breasts over. Sprinkle remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt over chicken; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper. Pound chicken with rolling pin or meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts. Cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and tapenade to skillet. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes just begin to soften and mixture is heated through. Serve tomato mixture over chicken; top with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
Recipe from Betty Crocker
Prepare Tasty Foods
It is important to continue consuming nutritious meals while undergoing orthodontic treatment for six months to four years. A gluten-free Mediterranean chicken dish provides a variety of nutrients from lemon juice, vegetables, and chicken. This recipe requires cutting vegetables and chicken into bite-size pieces before cooking it until is cooked and soft enough to chew. You will need easy to chew foods while you are wearing braces or Invisalign aligners because your gum tissue becomes more sensitive. The sensitivity of your tongue, gum tissue and palate are caused by the gentle pressure from wearing orthodontia, but you will become accustomed to the changes in your mouth within a few weeks.
Consume a Healthy Diet
While you might feel frustrated by wearing aligners or braces, it is vital to remember that the process of straightening your teeth requires only a few months or years. However, orthodontic treatment lasts a lifetime, and you will be glad that you do not have wide gaps between your teeth. If you are a parent of a child who needs to see an orthodontist, then you must also make sure that they are consuming a well-rounded diet that contains all of the food groups. A growing child needs protein and vitamins to maintain their energy levels while developing strong teeth and bones.
Contact an Orthodontist Today
King Orthodontics offers high-quality orthodontic care from two orthodontist, including:
• Dr. Sam King
• Dr. Jack King
Patients can contact us at 937-433-0830 to schedule a complimentary consultation to determine if they or their child needs to wear:
• Metal wire and bracket braces
• Invisalign aligners
• Ceramic devices
• Damon System orthodontics
It is possible for patients to schedule an appointment with us at either our Fairborn or Centerville location. While visiting our orthodontic facilities, we suggest requesting more tasty recipes to make while undergoing orthodontic treatment. We offer a complimentary consultation after an examination to discuss you or your child’s orthodontic requirements.
King Orthodontics, 400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324
Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530
Gluten-Free Mediterranean Chicken
Samuel B. King, D.D.S., M.S. – King Orthodontics – Specialist in Orthodontics for kids, teens and adults in Centerville and Fairborn.