- unsalted butter , for greasing
- 4 large free-range egg whites
- 350 g caster sugar
- 350 g ground almonds
- 30 ml amaretto liqueur
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas 3, and grease and line two baking sheets.In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until firm. Gently fold in the sugar, almonds and amaretto to make a smooth paste.Using a teaspoon or a piping bag, place dollops of the mixture on the trays, 2cm apart.Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, before dusting with icing sugar.
Recipe from http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/amaretti-biscuits/#4qt02UlH3Fjp4Yxg.99
Enjoy the Flavor of Almonds
To avoid breaking wires or brackets while wearing braces, you cannot eat hard foods such as nuts. However, it is still possible to enjoy gluten-free amaretti biscuits each day to enjoy the delicious taste of almonds. Gluten-free amaretti biscuits are made with almond flour instead of grain-based flour, leading to a food that has a mild nutty flavor. These biscuits are slightly crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside, and your orthodontist highly recommends this food as a tasty treat. It is also possible to add other ingredients to this gluten-free biscuit to have a variety of desserts and snacks.
Learn How to Bake Sweet Treats
If you are a parent of a teenager who must wear plastic Invisalign aligners, then they are probably worried that flavorful treats are off-limits, but with the right recipes, they can still eat sweet foods such as biscuits that are coated with sugar. Your orthodontist can provide an assortment of recipes that are acceptable to eat while undergoing orthodontic treatment. For patients with a gluten allergy, learning how to cook is essential in order to have baked goods that are safe to eat.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation at King Orthodontics
When you live in Ohio, it is easy to visit King Orthodontics at one of our two facilities that are located in:
We offer a complimentary consultation after completing an examination with modern medical images. You can schedule an appointment with either:
• Dr. Jack King
• Dr. Sam King
Our patients might need to wear orthodontic devices such as:
• Plastic Invisalign aligners created for adults and children
• Metal bracket and wire braces primarily worn by children
• Color-matching ceramic brackets that are not noticeable in your mouth
• Retainers that are worn when orthodontic treatment is almost completed
Call us at 937-433-0830 today to schedule your first appointment.
King Orthodontics, 400 East Dayton, Yellow Springs Rd. Fairborn, OH 45324
Phone: (937) 878-1561 Fax: (937) 433-9530
Gluten-Free Amaretti Biscuits
Samuel B. King, D.D.S., M.S. – King Orthodontics – Specialist in Orthodontics for kids, teens and adults in Centerville and Fairborn.